Friday, April 12, 2013

The Art of Eyvind Earle


  While I was gathering information for a essay of mine (it's on animation!), I discovered Eyvind Earle. What a name! I was so entranced by his artwork that I just had to share. He is certainly another artist to add to my list of favorites!
  Mr. Earle uses a technique called serigraphy. According to Animazing Gallery, it was first recognized as a fine art medium in the late 1930s. Serigraphy utilizes a color stencil printing process. It's really a fascinating style of art that uses the layering of colors with ink, oil, watercolor, ect..  Check out more at http://www.eyvindearle.com/ and peak into Animazing Gallery!
His colors are so bold and bright! I love that! I find his work to be very interesting, mainly because I have never seen anything like his art. This is why he is recognized today. Well, I hope this might span a
added technique, a influence in your own style, or at least a level of respect for Eyvind Earle.

Recognize this scene? It's a background Earle did for Walt Disney's Sleeping Beauty.  He became an animator with Disney.  More his story on website above.

Here's how he did it.