Wednesday, April 24, 2013

My Artwork

It has been a very busy time for me, but I was able to create these. They are all from recent months. They just came over me. I have been in a flower mode so it must be the era of flowers. Or at least for me. The woman in the purple dress has a fairy tale like flare. The concept came from another favorite artist of mine, Kay Nielson. The fish was meant to look childlike with a bubbly background. I had fun with the colors. This can also be seen by my pink haired girl. I remember that day I just felt the impulse to try out pink hair. It reminds me of a old cartoon called Jem and the Holograms. The first picture was not even intended to be a face. However, playing around a face came into being.

This is not my main media for art. I do mostly oils. I have done watercolor a few times, but like most I am still learning. I have used charcoal on occasion. For craft projects I use acrylic, chalk, oil crayons, watercolor pencils or regular "school supplies" materials. I draw and sketch with pencils and color pencils (sometimes I use pen). I do have sketch books, but end up only having notebook paper or graph paper on my person.

I would love to post more of my artwork, however, competitions prevent me. I will post what I can. I hope you enjoy my work and comment about it. Enjoy the rest of your day.